Wednesday 14 August 2013

Poetry in stillness

Mmm, rain, rain beautiful rain...another reason urgent reason to go out yesterday was the sense of wetness on the way. I give thanks I went, and that today I've been able to recuperate listening to the downpour outside. I was very grateful I managed to get my blog written and some tea from the freezer into the oven and into my tummy before sleep overcame me last night. I am tired beyond the telling of it today (which is great because I hate to be a whinge machine!) so I give thanks there's nothing I have to do but take care of myself.
Oh, and re Pat's comment: it wasn't meant to be oneupmanship and I'm very grateful it wasn't a conversation stopper but a conversation enhancer! My life is incomprehensible to most of the people I meet, lacking so many of the usual points of commonality - house, garden, car, family, companions, pets, career and so on so often talked about. It's a rare and precious thing when I can bring some subject to the table other people don't have to feign an interest in or can easily relate to.
I give thanks for still having my hair (ha ha, a fine example of the situation above!). Whenever I pull strands from the plughole or my comb I have a moment's panic before I remember everyone finds them there. Still run my hands over my head to be sure there aren't any gaps though! And I give thanks I don't have a social life, even answering emails and messages seems too hard today - for once I'm even grateful I don't have many of those! Keep myself clean, keep myself fed, wash the dishes and back to bed...poetry in stillness, that's what that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics