Saturday 31 August 2013

Sight for sore something

Yesterday I promised myself I would get up and go somewhere this morning. It's easier said than done as all those things you have to do before you go out are challenging to my hands, knees and bumps-a-daisy ways and have to be done with little rests in between. Then there's the things I have to do that you don't! But it's still summer and this summer is too good to miss so I worked out somewhere I could go for a short flat walk a short pretty bus ride away so that the pleasure should balance out the pain and was very grateful that I was ready in time to go for the bus...when Laura called with an offer of a short car ride to a flat walk later in the day. One should never look gift horsepower in the mouth... so much gratitude for that. But as I was ready for the pretty ride bus I went on that anyway...or thought I did...but because I couldn't find my bus pass as it arrived I didn't actually check the number and ended going to the paint shop instead which was exactly what I needed to do, if not what I wanted, and I came away with some bargain paint for a couple of little jobs about the place. I give thanks for the reminder that the flow takes you where you should go!

It took me to a wood shop later too so Laura has the materials she needs to do the work for me. That was on the way back from here...one of the best places for a view in the county that you have to be very dedicated and fit to get to without a car (I know - I've done it when I was!) and that I'd never actually seen on a sunny day. I always forget quite how awesomely gorgeous it is but it was even more so coming out of the leafy woods to the blue of the bay beyond the folded fields.


I give thanks for appreciating the irony of saying to myself 'A couple of painkillers wouldn't hurt.' There's been a lot of pleasure today but there sure is a lot of pain! I'm grateful for having something easy to cook to eat and the rest of the weekend to recuperate...

And I give thanks PTFE tape. It's kind of the opposite of WD40: when things won't undo you use WD40, and when they undo when you don't want them to you use PTFE tape. I have two done up things in my bathroom now that were undone before!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics