Tuesday 6 August 2013

Not the end of the world


This is the view from Brittany's equivalent of Land's End. Actually, technically it's not as it was too hazy with sea fog on the Pointe du Raz so this is the slightly shorter headland just north of it, Pointe du Van. I'm grateful to the Bretons for not burdening their beauty spots with burger bars and theme parks but I give thanks for all the lizards we saw basking on the dry stone carpark walls! I'm grateful for all my wonderful memories of my week away making all the aching and exhaustion I'm feeling now seem so much more worthwhile...and that I don't have much that I absolutely must do for the next few days.

In a way I'm grateful the substance abusers and their friends have removed the downstairs door lock as it means the Tesco delivery drivers can bring me my order without me going down to let them in. (Yes of course there's other ways of looking at the situation but it's a gratitude blog remember?) And I give thanks for all the yummy things I have to eat especially fresh vegetables and Yeo Valley lemon curd yoghurt!

I'm grateful to Jenny for sending me a postcard from the Philippines...what a kind thought! And I give thanks for this inspiring story of a Brazilian man who has lived in hospital for 45 years. There's a lot you can do even when you can't do much!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23364127

I also give thanks in anticipation of uploading this post from my laptop. The new 'improved' Blogger app and I have yet to come to an agreement as to what exactly its improvement on the previous version may be...certainly not reliable functionality on my phone, which would seem to be the purpose to me. Never mind, it's not the...oh, I said that already didn't I?

1 comment:

  1. that is truly amazing ,I had polio,it was known then (1953)as infantile paralysis luckily I only had it slightly off school for 3 months : )but missed the coronation parties etc,but truly grateful it wasn't like these two ,but they are still trying to do things and enjoying things that are possible great story !!!p.s I loved the cake shops in Brittany too!!!!should have said that in French ?????

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics