Sunday 25 August 2013

Not so hot

I'm grateful it turned out less hot and sunny today as my knee and other parts of me had  been requesting rather more resting. Thanks to Jo for a quick trim of my fringe and for driving round across the river to see how impossible it was to park...before we found a handy spot for a spot of pottering before the showers.

I'm grateful the chunk of filling that fell out resulted only in sharp edges rather than sharp pain...and that this resulted in being able to play my part in finishing the trifle and other leftovers. I'm extremely grateful for all those lovely vegetables but gave thanks for snatch snacks and snoozes instead of cookery this afternoon.

I'm grateful that Ivor is doing OK and, by the sounds of it, found his recent hospital stay had more than health benefits...and that the bulb in the table lamp beside me has just blown as I really feel like an excuse to do nothing for the rest of the evening, and it would be much too hot to change it at the moment, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics