Friday 23 August 2013

Day of the trifles

I've been giving thanks that most of my joints are less painful today, but Rachel suggested resting my right knee which is still sore and swollen and I'm grateful this turned out considerably less challenging than I'd thought it might be. Physically, obviously, I can't lounge around with even one foot up most of the time but the more I tried to limit myself to only essential leg work the less I actually felt like doing...of anything!

Much gratitude for putting together a trifle during various necessary visits to the kitchen and having the opportunity and good fortune to explore my idle side and give all my joints a rest in between. Reading a novel in the daytime, microwave tea, watching TV without any craftwork - I could get into this, for a day or two anyhow!

I give thanks for deliveries of food and medical supplies, and for the grey yellow end-of-the-world-is-nigh light and rain as afternoon faded into evening adding to the 'Oh whatever, can't be bothered!' atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics