Wednesday 28 August 2013

Summing it up

Some days I find it hard work that so much is so much hard work, the pain becomes a pain and I get very tired of feeling tired! Paradoxically, apart from the physical effort of getting my fingers to land on the right keys, those times can be the easiest to find things to give thanks for, because moments of appreciation stand out brightly in the grey drudge of the day.

I'm grateful for the simple solace of a cup of tea: for the energy to make it (from my body and from the National Grid), clean water and mug, a kettle and tea bags and milk. It's easy to go through the whole process of brewing up and drinking a cuppa grumbling away in your head or out loud, completely oblivious to the good fortune in your hand or on the table beside you, so I'm grateful I'm grateful too!

Meanwhile I give thanks for validation that this kind of behaviour is good for feeling good!
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/formula-for-happy-healthy-life-revealed-103845295.html?.tsrc=lgwn

Those of you who remember your maths will recall that equations can often have their parts rearranged or subdivided, so if for some reason, it's hard to get your full quota of one of the above then make it up with more of the others if you can so, if you're lacking in willing recipients for N, then be extra nice to yourself...and do more of B if you can ie. buy best quality chocolate!

I'm grateful for leftovers for lunch so I didn't have to cook...and for cooking my tea so there'll be some for tomorrow. I give thanks for doing the washing up (again and again), and for the things that make this easier like an immersion heater and washing up liquid and bowl (I believe there are even easier methods involving machinery or other human hands but best not to dwell on those!) And I give great thanks for wanting to more than resting and short stints of household chores, that this doesn't fulfil a head full of creative ideas and aspiration. I accept that often I can't do the things that I want to do the most, or that they're too uncomfortable or tiring to be practical or even enjoyable now, but I'm grateful that my spirit is still nimble and runs on ahead, beckoning with plans and encouraging my body not to give up.

I give thanks for the Red Arrows managing a quick fly past on their way to Torquay...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics