Friday 2 May 2014

Foreign travel

I'm grateful for all the hospital appointments I have to make me go out on days I really don't feel capable. It's amazing what you can do when you push yourself, and as most of them require a minimum of two buses each way you can end up feeling as if you did actually push the things yourself!

I'm grateful I've been discharged from the pain management service on the grounds that I'm managing the pain as best one can and, as the real deal breaker is the fatigue, it's a bit mean to make me keep trekking up there to tell them. I give thanks to physio John for making me laugh...it's the best medicine they say...

As these trips mean I'm housebound for a couple of days afterwards to recuperate I try to fit in a bit of light retail therapy and cake sampling between connections. The retail therapy has to be light because I can't carry heavy, and I give thanks for surviving the long queues of those with overflowing trolleys while I waited with my handfuls of this and that, and that today's hospital does do surprisingly nice snacks...tho you have to queue for those too.

I'm grateful for the dandelions and daisies in the verges reminding me of playing outdoors as a child, and the fact that so many routes and times and stops have been changed without updating the available timetables that being a passenger round here at the moment reminds me of foreign public transport travel with its occasional unplanned adventure.

I'm grateful I left leftovers for my tea, and they are cooking in the oven. It won't be long before my joints sieze up and the muscle cramps begin and I need to be safely seated before then so that I can stand up again in a hurry and unknot them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics