Thursday 15 May 2014

Worthy of applause

Well, I guess I should say coincidentally for the sceptics but I'm grateful nonetheless for a plethora of movements in various stuck situations since my corner clapping session yesterday...not all perhaps what I'd have described as improvements but sometimes any direction feels better than none. It's a bit like when the very late, very slow bus I was on to my renal appointment this afternoon finally broke down en route and, after eventually got through to the team being told as it was one of the last slots of the day and they were longing to be home in their gardens not to come on the next one, so I could turn round and come back instead... No, they didn't say that really but the more professional version, and I didn't feel especially grateful at the time apart from the fact that the bus broke down near a cafe with a loo and a seat in the sun. I give thanks for pretty views...and pretty tunes in my headphones to drown out some of the less obviously splendid examples of humanity riding with me.

I give thanks that I have a mobile phone, and an mp3 player and live in a beautiful part of the world where there is usually a fairly regular and reliable bus service. I give thanks for clematis and rhododendrons and lilac and workmen apparently taking their digger for a walk along the beach...

I give thanks for rescuing some more precious post, and for hearing from some precious folk who've not responded for a while. I give thanks for Rachel making me a cup of tea and giving me a hug and having a chat as well as giving me acupuncture. These are precious, and rare and restorative too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics