Wednesday 28 May 2014

That's handy

I give thanks for the catering department rustling up a quick and tasty tea yesterday inspired by a fridge full of veg from my Tesco delivery...And cake! They made cake too as there were odds and ends needing using up in the baking cupboard. Much gratitude once again for that light as a feather Dove's Farm flour. Sometimes I don't always feel grateful that I always have to be the catering department but I do give thanks that what I cook is usually pretty good. And today, when my body's really not been up too much at all I've been grateful doing little more than the washing and the washing up and eating up leftovers.

I give thanks for a handyman coming and doing a couple of long outstanding jobs. I love it when someone fixes things for me even if I have to pay them...especially when they stay fixed and I don't have to pay someone else! And I give thanks for a phone call from a friend who, after a very long silence both ways and all ways, was in the middle of sending me a text when I commented on something they'd posted on Facebook.

I give thanks for the first of three documentaries about Rio's favelas, fascinating to watch and listen to, and a dark rainy afternoon, just right to do it on as a change from snoozing or following tennis. I give thanks for the sight of an optimistic cat crouched in front of the shrubs as darkness fell last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics