Friday 23 May 2014

Spicy

I'm grateful I have garlic and know how to use it. Twice lately I've been delighted to come across a takeaway portion of 'homity pie' that's turned out just to a feeble concoction of potatoes and onions with a smidge of cheese and herbs, not like the scrummy stuff I make myself...though that's my fault for not making some and taking it out with me, I guess, or for not living somewhere where not munching on dead animals is the norm...

I give thanks for the rich variety of folk on the bus. There was one I couldn't decide on a gender for, not even which one they might prefer to be taken for although probably female given the shoes, one I took at first for a young woman from the back but which turned out to be an even younger boy, very plainly and tidily clothed and coiffured but with a surprising selection of ear, nose and brow piercings and one who was (al)most certainly a gentleman in early old age, white haired, round tummied and conventionally dressed though when his jacket sleeve rode up you could see a delicately knotted and beaded bracelet on his wrist. And no...they weren't all together!

I give thanks for the silveryness of the sea this lunchtime as the sun lit it up through grey rain clouds
...and for the deep purple velvet of a pansy lying randomly on the pavement...


And for this row of red vehicles...just where the collection of pale green ones was earlier in the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics