Friday 9 May 2014

The other half

I give thanks for all the folk who are in happy pairs...almost everyone I know now which is wonderful to know. So many different sorts of people finding someone who thinks they're just right - it's amazing when you think about it!

I give thanks that my 'special treatment' yesterday restored a bit of my mo if not my jo, so that this afternoon I was able to go out and do the rest of the shopping I'd not been able to manage - even with a cab to get up the hill you still have to get the stuff to the cab (and from one shop to another beforehand) and the limit of what I can carry is easily reached these days. I give thanks for the warm wind making it very pleasant to take a refreshment break at my favourite outdoor eatery, for the clear light and receding tide making a little strip of sunniness to sit in. I give thanks for there being a cab driver on the rank to drive me when I'd done, and it being one who always shares a grumble with me about people who're always grumbling...


I give thanks for all the favourite foods I found as well including Longley Farm cottage cheese, English strawberries and Co-op 'Truly Irresistible' rye bread which does exactly what it says on the bag and, in Waitrose, some stuffed peppers reduced to 99p. I give thanks to the Waitrose product development team for creating flavoursome veggie treats (and fishcakes!) - it's a rarity to have such delicious ready made things. As I'd put some lentil stew in the slow cooker before I went out there's all manner of things to be grateful I can serve...except possibly another person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics