Sunday 11 May 2014

Ouch!

No, I'm not in any particularly bad pain today, though I'm grateful for your concern if there was any, for aiming to be tolerant of ghoulishness if there was any of that...and for not being in any particularly bad pain of course! The post title came from the name of the BBC's disability issues blog which in this case is highlighting the work of a stand up comedian, who cannot actually speak, and a Scope awareness campaign - both of which draw attention to situations when 'awkward' is not just an overstretched social media concept. I'm particularly grateful for Lee Ridley's point that there are disabled and not-yet-disabled people! So true...and so unbelievable until it happens to you or someone you care for...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-ouch-27338770

I also give thanks for my savory spicy lentil stew which made such a delicious dinner last night with a small mountain of well buttered sprouting broccoli and some mixed grain bread. I'm hoping it'll be just at tasty tonight with something else as I've run out of broccoli now...

I'm grateful for umming and aahing over some fabric on ebay yesterday, failing to decide and it getting cheaper in the meantime!

I'm grateful for some successful unpicking and resewing of some fabric I prepared (all wrong) earlier...

...and a quick trip to Santander this afternoon courtesy of Google. So much has changed, so much is still the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics