Sunday 25 May 2014

Oh, I say!

Yay, I'm grateful the tennis season is starting (and that I know why my post is called that even if no one else does)! I hope my joints can bear up to the extra strain...of all the knitting I'll want to do as I'm watching the TV...

I'm grateful for a surprisingly long sound sleep and a long lie in to follow, as it's Sunday and I don't have to get up to pace several flights of stairs to catch the post before it goes a-wandering...and for a very necessary afternoon meditate and nap as well. It's easier to feel grateful when you're rested... 

I give thanks for the sound of the church bells wafting up the hill this morning and for the sound of a major local band fest last night - lots of covers but that just adds to the sense of being really at a 'real' one in a really comfy tent! I give thanks that I like the sound of live bands and church bells and I live somewhere where both are readily available, and birdsong and wind in the leaves and waves. Yes, the walls and floors are stupidly thin and you have to rely on the peace of neighbours for your own, and yes the freeholder can be ludicrously obstructive and even destructive at times, but for quite a bit of my life I've had less of a home either due to the emotional situation or the physical one - boarding school and childrens' home, spare rooms, digs and bedsits (or even 'badsits' as I typed first time!) - and I would never have been able to afford a high ceilinged, tree surrounded, sea glimpse leasehold away from major roads and industry, and livestock (I've lived near livestock and that is loud!) anywhere else but here. So yes, I'm very grateful indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics