Monday 12 May 2014

To tell the truth

I'm grateful there was a few hours gap between my morning doziness and afternoon nap today, when I was able to attend to a few things. Neither the spirit nor the flesh have really been willing, and sometimes when you carry on regardless it helps...though sometimes you just can't wait to call a halt...

Nonetheless, feeling so rough today made me realise how well I must have felt yesterday so, in retrospect, I'm grateful for that!

I'm grateful for spilling the beans at lunchtime...as it meant I had to wash the kitchen floor (a job long overdue) and that so much of the laminate is covered with rugs so there wasn't that much to do...


I'm grateful for having a lot to carry to make the cab down hill worthwhile, and for remembering to get a photo of one of the 'fisherman's friend' houses while I was in that part of town. There's a whole terrace of them, and they look as if they'd have been quite grand homes for simple boat owners so I'm not quite sure if that's what they were originally to tell the truth, though it could explain their cheery faces! Many have the head over the doorway plain painted like the walls so this one's my favourite, shame I didn't zoom in more...

I'm grateful the downstairs doorlock has finally broken off, so that I'll stop shopping on ebay for a while until it's mended and packages will be safe again...meaning my bank balance will be safe instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics