Tuesday 27 May 2014

Match fit

I'm grateful I went to choir last night. I didn't do a lot of singing as they were putting finishing touches to some songs I didn't know for a performance I'm not going to be performing in but it was good to be in a room with congenial company for a while, and to be outdoors on a long light late spring evening on the way. It was touch and go if I'd go, and a last minute technical hitch meant I nearly didn't but there'd been a little shower just before I finally left and the roads and pavements had that lovely dusty smell so much thanks for that. Gratitude too to Sheila for giving me a lift home back up the hill though those vicious cramps still attacked me in the night...


So this morning to try and stretch out my aching calves I decided to walk back down again, and gave thanks for the beautiful bank of valerian on the way...and yes it made my joints hurt as much as my muscles so I think the plan worked and am grateful! It meant I could slob out in front of the TV when I got home just in time for the start of one of the matches I wanted to see this afternoon, followed by the finish of the other so not all bad anyway... And I'm grateful for sewing the hem on a rather nicely fitting pair of linen trousers I'd made this week before giving up on using my hands as well.

I give thanks for taking the time to show my appreciation for something, to complain politely about something else, and for remembering to send a message of encouragement to someone with something difficult to do. I give thanks for an interesting letter from my incarcerated penfriend, and for buying for the sweetest strawberries...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics