Wednesday 14 May 2014

Knowing the difference

I reckon I'm pretty good at serenity, and I've been known to summon up a smidge of courage now and then too... but the wisdom to know which suits any given situation sometimes eludes me. Last night, awake late as a result of being so sleepy in the afternoon, I was grateful to contemplate deeply all manner of complicated conflicts in my life right now and come to absolutely no absolute conclusions whatsoever about what to do next about any of them apart from clapping in corners in the morning. And I'm grateful for remembering to do this in the morning too...

I was grateful for the moonlight looking gold on the sea this time instead of silver - nothing wrong with silver but gold was a nice change...

Adding nocturnal cogitation to my now normal fatigue it took a lot of slapping round the face to get myself moving today (yes, it's a metaphor...and no, I don't need any help with that!) but this meant I was here to catch the post before any snatching and be grateful we no longer have any resident post snatchers on the premises. One of my packages was the fabric that turned out to be cheaper when I looked again on Monday...and to be three metres instead of the three half meters I'd ordered. I'm grateful I contacted the company regarding their mistake straight away because they said I could keep the extra and, though it's exactly the same fabric as I would have had if I'd not told them, it feels much better this way!


I'm grateful for finally getting out about the same time as the sun and for this cloud pretending to be blossom at the bus stop. I didn't go far but I'm grateful I got done the most essential things including arriving at a patch of local beach where it was summer before any holidaymakers did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics