Tuesday 20 May 2014

Good sorts

I give thanks for evenings spent in congenial company. You can't beat them can you? However, when I can't join them or am too fatigued for the solitary pursuits that would be my next favourite choice, then I'm grateful for a goodly folk appearing on my TV screen. Dave Lamb's commentary on Come Dine with Me, the QI team, Nev and Max and episodes of Columbo particularly make me feel that all is right with the world and I'm still part of it, so special thanks to them...

(A few nights again I had a dream that I was dying but was gratefully looking forward to it because I knew I was going to be reincarnated as Mrs Columbo! That was why you never see her in the programmes, because I had to die and go back in time and become her first...)

I give thanks for twisted sifter for coming up with these delicious words from other languages which make me want to find a way to use them all...in an irritatingly italicised short story perhaps?
http://twistedsifter.com/2014/05/words-with-no-direct-english-equivalent/

I give thanks for starting to sort out a small pile of paperwork, and being so disgusted with the state of the cupboard where the files some of it should go in were that I've sorted out (some of) that as well

I give thanks for Freyja delivering me a bag of rhubarb from her folks' allotment and some mint from their garden too. Always a lovely treat to be given grown things to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics