Tuesday 6 May 2014

Travelling light

Yay, I'm grateful I went out...and even better NOT for a medical appointment! It was a shopping trip which, strange as it may seem to many, is not my favourite sort of outing but I got the things I went out for without too much trouble which is by far my favourite way of doing it... And I give thanks that all the buses did what I thought they were going to do and at roughly the time I expected it which is helpful too. One particular route I'd not been on before was full of passengers who made me feel quite young and fit so that was a bonus as well!


I give thanks for all the things I spotted along the way that gave me a snapshot of the day...or even of life you could say...the headlands looking quite different in the morning light than they do later in the day, two magpies in a slender poplar against a bright blue sky, the bank that slopes down from the road tight packed with bluebells you can only see from the top of a double decker (and which are very hard to get a photo of as that double decker swings round the bend!), a large school filing out in forms to be arranged on the waiting staging for a group photo and an old man and a younger one setting up a chess board in the sun.

I also give thanks for finding (cunningly displayed in a store entrance to ensure unsuspecting shoppers couldn't not find it) something billed as the world's lightest suitcase. It was astonishingly light even to my weak and feeble lifting powers, so, as I've been suffering from wanderlust lately along with everything else and I liked the pattern and the price I bought myself one... As suffering goes, I have to say wanderlust is not that bad - even though it's such a palaver for me to get anywhere, let alone do anything bar nap when I do, I'm grateful I have a feeling of wanting to again rather than one of giving up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics