Thursday 29 May 2014

Trial by error


I give thanks for finally finishing this top which I started last year before summer, and thus motivation, ran out. I'm grateful I managed to cram a T shirt underneath as the it's not quite as summery as it might be today either.

Last night I gave thanks for finding out other people were feeling very cold as well, as none of the weather reports seemed to suggest we should and after feeling so peaky during the afternoon I'd begun to wonder if I was Going Down With Something. This I really do prefer to avoid - not the having something else extra the matter with me so much as the process of monitoring and evaluating bodily processes and thinking ahead and thinking I might. Obviously a lot of people do this a lot of the time and must get something from it but whatever that is I don't want it!

I give thanks for meeting the various unnecessary challenges of the day with good humour as well as the necessary ones, and for understanding that there must be some level at which they do serve a purpose - enhancing my perseverance and equanimity perhaps, or giving others the opportunity to improve the quality of their actions, interactions and services. Oh, and I get the chance to test if the 'put your water damaged phone in rice to mend it' theory is just an urban myth. It's not a phone and it wasn't water but close enough for it to be worth giving it a try...

I give thanks for all the people who've brightened my day with their good humour, for my new rucksack being both capacious and comfy so that I was able to carry everything home I needed to after going to all the places I had to go and for my knees not arguing too much. I give thanks for the heavy rain forecast not falling but for sparkly dotted slanting stripes where drops glanced down the window panes instead, and the bright triangles of yacht sails in their evening race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics