Friday 30 May 2014

Checking out

Sometimes when I get the results back from my blood tests it's 'Oh my goodness, no wonder I don't feel so good' and sometimes it's 'Oh my goodness, it's a wonder I'm as well as I am looking at those' and with the last lot there was a smattering of both of those, plus a little bit here and there of 'Actually, for me that's not too bad all things considered' so I give much thanks for those. Actually, for me, I'm not too bad all things considered and I give thanks for having years of practice now of being pretty well for an ill person, and having a healthy attitude of mind (most of the time) which I'm sure plays a part.

Although I'm grateful for having lots of practice at remembering not to put off too many things til another day if they matter to you today, nonetheless I give thanks for the times when I recall that looking after myself doesn't just mean making sure I have a clean home and tidy finances, nourishing things to eat and comfy clothes to wear, but also getting plenty of rest in between. I give thanks for the dim light, and rain and low cloud this afternoon making it easy to fall asleep as well...


I give thanks for finishing the knitting part of a small blanket I've been making for ages. I can't remember quite how long it's been going on - at least eighteen months - but it was a project started with the very purpose of being ideal for times when not much attention/room/equipment was required so I could do it watching something gripping on TV, or having a conversation, or when away from home so clearly there's not been a great deal of that in that time...or I've just been resting! I give thanks that so far the sewing up and crochet border haven't been too demanding either.

I give thanks for my clothes airer pulley thing going up and down like it should do for the first time in fifteen months - it's much easier than having to use a set of steps to get things up there. And for the smell of cut wood where I haven't got round to priming the new shelf yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics