Saturday 3 May 2014

Journey's bend

I'm grateful for a few extra messages and emails I've had recently - each and every one referring to a health problem. I'm grateful this has reminded me so well that what you give out is what you receive and to try not to share my suffering and struggling on here even if I perceive I'm doing so as part of a gratitude for somewhere it takes me. 

There may be a version of reality where you mention something that's hard and someone else goes 'Gee, that's a bummer, what can I do to help?', it's probably in the same part of the galaxy as the one where that man wakes up and wonders what his wife might like for tea. I don't know the way there yet but I'll tell you when I do and we can all be very grateful... In the meantime...if I tell you I'm enjoying what I learn on the rough parts of the journey...believe me, I do! And try to yourselves as well...

Oh, and believe me when I tell you I've seen a land rover that says Spirit Recovery Service too! I saw it again yesterday, and got off at the next bus stop and walked back even though it was uphill and I knew it would hurt because it seemed a whole lot more worthwhile use of energy and aching body parts than trudging round 'super'markets or hospital corridors. I give thanks for recovering the feeling of being on a mission...


The news media seems largely about man's inhumanity to other man, or woman or child, Facebook posts praising whichever aspects of this they see as fitting and fine, while TV makes entertainment out of people's difficulties - their overweight or their hoarding, their lack of education or their crimes, the 'disaster' that will ensue if they don't get that sauce on the plate in time... This is supposed to be a different place - a place for remembering to find and share the happy and good, and to remind you to do the same. 

I give thanks for the odd half hours in the last twenty four when I've felt relatively OK and have got on with bits and bobs about the place. I give thanks for no more muscle spasms after eating a small pack of Kettle Chips. It's the kind of product that is usually portrayed as having a skull and crossbones on it if you're verging on end stage renal failure but actually my sodium levels are pretty low (probably as my intake always has been) and someone suggested drinking salt water might be good for cramps. That sounded really boring but crisps were rather fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics