Thursday 1 May 2014

Grey areas

I'm grateful for walking down the hill today in the soft rain. I give thanks for the recycling bins having space for my contributions to go in, and the doctors' having all my prescriptions ready to go out which were the reasons that I did so.  I'm grateful for getting some of the shopping and other outdoor chores done too. I give thanks for the greyness of the skies and sea...


I'm grateful for Rachel making me a mug of tea and giving me two non-virtual hugs as well as treatment. 

I'm grateful for remembering the best advice I've ever had. It was on a programme about kids in care, and the presenter, who also had been, was saying to a troubled youngster 'It feels like no one cares about you, doesn't it? Well, you've got to care about yourself!' 

All my distress yesterday was caused by imagining I could get some help with some problems and wearing myself out going round in phone and email circles trying to find out where. I know not to ask people I know to help me with stuff because they will be too busy with their own agendas and priorities, but I forget sometimes that the same is true for folk who you might think might do because of their job title. Advisors may give poor advice or information lines inaccurate information because when push comes to shove other things matter to them more. 

We all have a tendency sometimes to think someone else will fix things when we can't...whether it's a bosom buddy, or a bank manager or a bully who's on our side...or maybe a surgeon, a magistrate or an MP. It's a fine enough notion if it makes you feel more safe and secure, until you find out it's not necessarily true. I'm grateful for the certainty of knowing there's no such thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics