Wednesday 30 April 2014

My turn

I'm grateful I'm renowned for my resilience and resourcefulness. I'm grateful everyone knows I'll do it on my own or do without, and never mind compassion, even simple courtesy is something they can be very sparing with where I'm concerned because I'll always blame myself for a bad reaction if they act badly and I'd rather they had not. I'm not being sarcastic or ironic or passive aggressive here, I really do not aspire to be more assertive, or selfish or demanding as it seems to me there's plenty enough of that in the world as it is...plenty enough 'Me first! Give me more of what I want!' without adding any more 'What about me?'

I'm grateful for knowing it's a tricky slippy slope having your own way anyhow. You might be able to bend or buy or beat people to your will...but how can you win over time or tide or weather or decay, or inanimate objects that stonily resist your entreaties?

I'm grateful I've a lot more to learn, a lot more practice to do. I'm grateful I got that extension to complete my final dissertation at the school of life...

Sometimes, just like everyone else, I feel the need for a drink or a drug to deaden the pain, a hug or a handhold when I feel adrift in disappointment, to have a friend to turn to...or someone who seems to have authority, knowledge and power to make the bad things go away. But a weep is handy when I can't have those either. I give thanks for the release of tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics