Friday 4 April 2014

Since sliced bread

I give thanks for the colourfulness of yesterday evening. The latter part of Thursdays are often 'enhanced' courtesy of the post acupuncture legal high, but the yellow light on the branches and leaves when the sun broke through just before setting was almost as if the mimosa was blooming again, and then the sea went from icy blue to rosy pink and the clouds were first gold and then magenta...and it was all real! Well, as real as any colours are anyhow...

So, what is right with this picture? Exactly the same thing that is wrong with it actually - it's taken from a moving train! I've been grateful for quite a few things in the last twenty four hours but the relief of having our local line working both ways to everywhere tops it all. I'd not planned to use it today as I thought it would be stupidly busy, but for various reasons it turned out it actually suited me best to do so, and I gave thanks to be part of the (mostly) happy bunch of sardines negotiating the media circus either to get where we wanted to go, or just to be part of it.


I'm grateful for getting my favourite handmade hat back after leaving it in a cafe a long way away by buses. And for the lightest piece of gluten free cake I think I've ever had - chocolate, apricot, almond and delicious. For pretty views, fresh as if new, for all the lush blossom around and for a visit to a little indoor market which had one or two items I hoped it would and a couple that couldn't have been further from my mind but which I couldn't leave town without!

And I give thanks that in my constant quest for good bread I came across a small seeded spelt in a baker's shop. I'll try one of those I said, and they replied...would you like us to slice it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics