Saturday 5 April 2014

Arts and crafts...

...and not a lot of movement! I give thanks for getting plenty of rest today, and for the ideal day to receive it - grey and murky and deliciously dozily quiet all around. It was great to be out and about in some sunshine yesterday but this weather is just right for recuperation.

I'm also grateful for, as is often the way when you have no plans for achieving anything, doing a few small useful odds and ends here and there...including unpacking the china mug and small plastic tray I bought myself yesterday. I'm aware of the somewhat oxymoronic nature of purchasing mass produced William Morris style - and give thanks that I don't care a bit! It's pretty and affordable and I reckon I've done at least my share of promoting the individually designed and handcrafted over the years, don't you? Plus it was bought in a market hall. End of.


I give thanks for watching the budlets budding, raindrops dripping down and the inside of my eyelids...

...and documentaries - my staple TV diet - including a fascinating and beautifully constructed Arena two parter on Brian Epstein and an old Weird Nature about (voluntary) animal drug use. This appears to be largely self medicating with the enjoyment of the side effects just a bonus for some and it seems that the drink stealing vervet monkeys in St Kitts have similar population proportions of alcohol users, abusers and teetotallers as humans do. I'm not sure if this is something I should be grateful about but the symmetry was pleasing nonetheless...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics