Monday 7 April 2014

Christmas day

Christmas comes but once a year...but what does it matter with days like today, coming home from town after collecting two reserved library books, two new ones from Amazon, the replacement fabric ordered last week (plus some extra bits for new cushion covers), some samples of some things I won't explain but which might make aspects of my personal care more comfortable, fruit and veg, thread, a huge gooey chocolate brownie and a denim jacket I won on ebay for 99p!

I give thanks for a taxi to help me carry it all home, and for the rain drying up while I was out so gathering it all before before the taxi wasn't as awkward as it might have been, and I'm only tired not wet as well.

I'm grateful I've tried on the jacket (and that it fits!) and eaten the cake so I know not to buy one of those again or it won't. I'm grateful that everything else can wait as long as I like and dozing in front of the TV is next on the agenda because Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without a nap, would it? I give thanks for a good natter at knit and this afternoon, and for the dustmen taking away our rubbish and even leaving the bins in a tidy row this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics