Wednesday 9 April 2014

Pictures of the day

I give thanks for twistedsifter.com for their fabulous Pictures of the Day and for them tempting me to horizons new. I couldn't actually imagine getting to any in the state I'm in at the moment but then I thought if I could just get myself outdoors to see the ones I know I'd probably feel mentally better, and despite the considerable physical effort, this certainly was true.

I'm grateful I beat the clouds to the beach, and for all the handrails and seats that helped me. And I'm grateful for all the things I saw below the horizon that made me smile, including Spanish bluebells under the trees - pink and white and blue, a young setter swimming and a  corgi cross creating a crater in the sand by digging with its front legs while circling with the back ones...and a man moving gingerly along straddling the church roof apex.

I give thanks or friendly folk around and about and having to queue at the cafe for a toastie as it's good to see them busy when they're at the end of the navigable seafront walk until the repairs are done.

I give thanks for Luders mini eggs. They're about an inch long, wrapped in different coloured foil and made with different chocolate and flavours of filling. You buy them by weight and I might take a sack next time! And for all the happy hippy food at Waitrose for when even making lentil stew is beyond me, today I got pilau rice with vegetables in, bombay potato and spinach falafels because they were all reduced in the chill cabinet. In their freezer range they've a nut roast wellington with butternut squash and goats' cheese filling. This might not taste as good as it sounds but I give thanks I'll probably find out before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics