Sunday 20 April 2014

Raining on my parade

Humongous thanks for a dark and rainy day today, ideal for not doing anything springlike or Easter orientated but giving my body lots of opportunity to fight off an infection... and to remember to say this is what I'm doing not 'going down with something', an altogether far more pessimistic expression. Gratitude too for quite a nip in the air so I've been able to snuggle up under a throw and snooze.

I've been grateful I've no one to bring me a light diet to my invalid chair so that I've done a few other bits and bobs when I've been up and about catering and cleaning, including starting to make another cushion cover out of some 'ragbag' scraps. I put the bits by the sewing machine last night knowing it would encourage me to get up to cut and sew them...and, as that worked, I've pressed it and put it together with the lace so I'll want to attach it tomorrow! I'm grateful I know how to tempt myself into action when energy is low.

Ragbag isn't really an adequate expression for my quantity of fabric leftovers but I'm also giving thanks they are now almost all sorted and appropriately stored which gives me an increasingly calm comfortable feeling the more I do.

I'm grateful for making some very nice pancakes with some new flour I've not tried before. Lots of lemon juice for the vitamin C and a spoonful of demerara to help the medicine go down!

I'm grateful for finishing two good books and starting two more...

I give thanks that buying that little tray and mug the other day has encouraged me to make myself more tea in a pot and serve it with a pretty little milk jug I have which makes me feel rather pampered and special...

I'm grateful for a sliver of peachy pink cloud amongst the grey this evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics