Sunday 13 April 2014

Chop chop

I give thanks for my comfy new mattress supporting me through another acheful night. This is a bit like someone saying 'There, there dear' and giving you a hug, I imagine... tho obviously I don't know for sure. It's nothing like someone saying 'Shall I make you a cup of tea?', I'm quite certain of that, though I gratefully made myself three this morning before I finally got up and got dressed...

I give thanks for the way bubbles join up and get smaller to make froth and for the sight of white sails on blue water...and for chopping the veg for tonight's veg in instalments so there's strength left in my arms to shake the pan and stir!

I give thanks for having a bit more of an appetite and inclination to cook...though this does mean more washing up! I give thanks for all my plates and dishes and mugs and pans and cutlery, for running hot water, draining plugholes and squeezy detergent...how lucky are we, eh?

I give thanks for my other vase of flowers...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics