Tuesday 15 April 2014

Bright and breezy

All this week I've been giving thanks for the brightness of the moon, but forgetting to say so on here. I love it when it seems to peep in at you through a chink in the curtains!

Last night I also forgot to share my gratitude for two unusual things I saw when I was out. The first was a man on crutches get on to the bus with two children who rushed to go upstairs. 'Wait!' he called to the eldest, 'Come and take my crutches.' And he handed her the crutches at the bottom of the straits and then hopped up them on his good foot using the handrails for support. Everyone was most impressed! The second was a light aircraft flying in a circle over the town before looping the loop and flying off...there was something in the engine sound that caught my attention and I was very grateful it did just before I went into the ladies' loo!

Today I've been giving thanks for a fresh and breezy day, which I would have been very happy to go out in but which was less miserable to miss than a warmer one. I give thanks for all the whipped up white wave tops on the deep blue sea. And for getting the freezer defrosted. This is almost all I've done today due to all the ice ages since I did it last and the bergs inside the door. Not that it took all day - obviously you have to work faster than that if you've food taken out waiting to go back in but it was such a physical task hurrying it along rather than let it drip that it pretty much used up all my energy and pain tolerance. I give thanks for my gritty perseverance...and a long bubbly soak in the bath afterwards to stop me trying to achieve anything else, though I did hold a book and do some reading. Much thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics