Thursday 3 April 2014

Pinterest

I give thanks for the pin spot patterns of rain drops on window panes. I cannot imagine how many times in life I've seen these but I'm always captivated...

I'm grateful to Silvana for taking my blood so gently today, and for our usual non medical chit chat. Also to all the folk in the businesses around this little town who make doing business here so pleasant. Even that the Co-op didn't have my favourite rye mix bread again because they did have a hot cross bun loaf which does exactly what it says on the tin...

I give thanks that the small pieces of rather expensive new fabric I bought to go with the cheap fabric I ruined have arrived, that they look lovely with the little snippet of the budget one I had preserved...and particularly that the shop says they have more of this and will send me some. I'm grateful it wasn't the one that the colour ran on of course! The pricey ones are from a range called Henna and just too beautiful to resist even though one has to resist buying a lot, though the piece on the right is a cut price remnant so I'm grateful for eking out the pennies there too. I will 'mix and match' as they say, though it's a phrase that does niggle on my nerves. I've just realised it has a lot in common with that academic chestnut question starter 'contrast and compare' which I'm not much fond of either, though I'm grateful for noticing the coincidence.

I give thanks for how prettily presented and packaged many on line craft purchases are now, so that you feel rather as if you are getting a gift; in fact sometimes you do - a little bit of ribbon or lace or a sweet. You can be as cynical as you like about why the sellers do this, but I love it when they do, so it's working!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics