Wednesday 23 April 2014

Some you Wynette

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman...a woman committed to coming up with five things to be grateful for every day! Sometimes I notice so many I don't know where to begin, or end, recording them...but other days it's hard not to list complaints instead. Sometimes I'd like extra oxytocin in the form of a hug and someone to make some tea...and then I'm very grateful that this is what I've chosen to do because if there's no one to hug you and bring you tea you do need a good alternative plan.

Today I was grateful for a very long lie in...though I did get up and get tea and other light refreshments, of course! And I was grateful a courier rang me to take in someone's parcel as this spurred me to get (sort of) dressed.

I was grateful for almost an hour running at almost full speed and with little pain so that I could get a few overdue necessities done, including sorting some paperwork. I was grateful that a) I don't have a shredder and b) I like jigsaws as I tore up some things I shouldn't...

I'm grateful for sorting out some more unwanted possessions and for continuing to search for a charity that will collect them. So far they all say no, they'll collect furniture but not several bags of clothes, books and household items. It's comforting to know if I hang on to the stuff til I die they do do house clearance! I understand there are many very reasonable logistic and financial reasons why socially isolated and physically limited folk can't be assisted in donating their goods but it does seem a tad ironic, don't you think?

I'm grateful for making two suppers...one for tonight and one for tomorrow as there were various things needing using up and they didn't go together. Tomorrow I've a long trek to the hospital and back and I'll be so grateful there's something ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics