Wednesday 2 April 2014

Now you don't see it

I gave great thanks for the rain this morning; all that spring sunshine's all well and good, but when you want to be outside but don't feel up to getting yourself there it can be rather frustrating and feel like a waste of good weather.  And I'm grateful on behalf of people who have their own bit of outside and are growing things as it was probably welcomed by them too.

I'm grateful for having a brainwave in the bath last night when I was trying to work out the best way to make a part of a garment I had in my head. I was thinking it would be best to have a trial run (or two, or more) and wondering what fabric I could use for that...and then realised the stuff I spent hours ruining yesterday would be ideal for the job as it's only the pattern and colour that's destroyed not the actual cloth, which is exactly the kind of weave and weight I'd use for sewing the real thing (funnily enough). Not that I've done that you understand - it's not been a day when I've done a great deal, but I've been grateful a) that I didn't have to and b) that what I did do didn't go horribly wrong...

No pictures again today because I've almost finished a nightie but it doesn't seem right to upload a photo of that somehow, and outside there's just the same haze as where you are I expect - not very photogenic. I'm grateful I've had a bit more of an appetite today, and that I've put a bit more effort into making the food...well, apart from the chocolate - I just put that straight in my mouth!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics