Saturday 26 April 2014

Cream crackered

The last twenty four hours or so I've been grateful for all the times I've wanted to do anything quiet (meditate, snooze, read in the bath) and all neighbours within earshot of the relevant part of my flat have been out or doing something quiet themselves.

Also last night for having a real yen for cheddar on cream crackers for supper and, while in the kitchen wondering what I could have instead (as I don't really like cream crackers much and only have them in at Christmas), realising I had an unopened tin of 'biscuits for cheese' left over from that very season! 

A couple of weeks ago I'd made tentative plans to go on a scenic moor bus ride with a friend today but as it's been one of those days when even getting to the kitchen to make a cuppa seems like a major expedition, I'm grateful she'd already backed out so I didn't have to let her down. I'm grateful everyone I know has plenty of interaction with partners/pets/friends/family members...otherwise they might miss me! And I'm grateful for understanding that those who are not missed and easily slip to the bottom of other people's 'to do' list, play a vital role in the emotional economy by freeing up time for folk to spend on those who matter to them most.

I give thanks for a restful day, for remembering it's OK to have them and for a few little bits of sewing here and there...and for the changing light and colours in the sea and sky as the storm crept up and then passed over.

I give thanks for the lovely comment from Malizabet on yesterday's post showing that once in a while by blog does exactly what it's meant to!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics