Tuesday 8 April 2014

Floss adjustment

All that consumerism yesterday has left me somewhat consumed by pain and fatigue, so I was especially grateful when I climbed in the bath...and had a go at replacing some sealant which had become detached. I'd been pep talking myself into trying to do this myself for months and it was becoming urgent that someone did so I reckoned best idea was to attempt it and then pay someone else to if I failed. It couldn't be that hard I figured, no particular strength or nimbleness required and I still had the smoothing tool left over from when I did some tiling and grouting a few years back. Well, several of them if you count both hands! 

Potentially the hardest part was finding a hand squeeze tube of sealant instead of one of those plunger things I know I can't operate, but I came across some of that in a Wilkinson's one day. I give thanks for Wilkinson's filling that town centre diy gap left when Woolworth's closed. We have a couple of great little hardware shops here and I use them a lot but they can't carry everything and not everyone has an easy way of getting to those big out of town stores. I also give thanks for all the times you don't need a particular tool or piece of a equipment at all, just imagination and ingenuity. Recently I've found alternative uses for both a folding chair and an empty washing up bottle, and realised if you have gappy teeth you don't need special dental floss, just multiple strands  will do...

In reality the actual squeezing was quite hard for me and meant I couldn't do much else with my hands for the rest of the day so at least they matched the rest of by body. I've been grateful for half made meals - half by me and half by someone in a factory somewhere who probably had no idea how helpful they were being. Also for getting the first of the new 'spring greens' cushion covers finished - a soothingly simple task requiring little in the way of manipulation or mental arithmetic. The dotty cotton is on the back so they don't slip and slide about and there's a 'pillow' surface ready for urgent naps...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics