Saturday 19 April 2014

Cushioning the blow

I give thanks for getting my earplugs in so snugly last night they didn't fall out in the bed. Sometimes a little insulation is required...

I give thanks for deciding I ought to go out today to try and buy a couple of things, partly because I wanted the things but also because a four day holiday can feel like one hundred years of solitude and it's good to feel you have a mission. Also I was very stiff and sore this morning and it doesn't improve for lying about thinking about it...

I give thanks for the wintry wind blowing wafts of spring flower fragrance from the gardens on the lane and that, though my snuggliest clouts are in the process of being stashed away for a few months, there are still some cosy things around to wear...

I give thanks for various sortings out going on about the place so that there's piles of things in every room. I love tidy but can put up with untidy for a while to achieve this aim, though I'd be even more grateful if I could be a bit quicker about it with less rests and recuperation required in between sessions. I'm grateful I've come across some fabric scraps that could make some more new cushion covers in the process though and that's spurred me on to finish a couple already started. I was wearing the dress that the one on the right is leftovers from as I stitched up the opening and that was rather strange on the eyes...


When I used to make cushion covers to sell I did proper opening with zips or whatever, but for myself I tend to just do three and a bit sides on the machine and hand sew up the gap to undo again for changing. I've been doing this for many years and sometimes what's underneath the top cover is a trip down memory lane. I'm grateful when it's a pleasant one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics