Sunday 27 April 2014

Location, location

Having given thanks for ear plugs that fit, I have to be grateful for fitting them in my ears - a task requiring the kind of fine motor skills and co-ordination that neurological damage can make a tad tricky. Sometimes I have to try over and over again to get them in right but on a Saturday night, when there's usually someone in the neighbourhood having an alcohol fuelled shout of anguish or delight, it's worth persevering!

I give thanks for sewing a bit more of my mosaic dress. Progress is slow, because I am slow at the moment, due to all of the above plus stiff joints and muscles and droopy eyelids, so that keeping on top of essentials takes up a lot of the waking day. But I'm grateful to have a project on the go that requires a bit of slowness, for pattern matching and hand sewing here and there, to provide some variety and break up the monotony of housework, TV, reading and sleep. 


I'm grateful for the stunning contrasts of spring green leaves against storm grey sky, for the graduated contrasts of shades of blue on the sea, and for the sound of the rain...also for it being warm enough to have the windows open to listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics