Thursday 10 April 2014

Pin drop

I give thanks for the stripes of sparkly sunlight on the sea....

...and for the sound of trains!

For a warm spring morning...and for a cooler cloudier afternoon of people indoors and windows shut. One cannot always share one's neighbours' taste in music, or children.

Although it's mean and unworthy of me I give thanks for hearing the priciest homes in Britain are blighted by hen and stag party hires nearby. Locals sometimes look askance when I say where I live but I point out a) it's cheap and b) somewhere more upmarket does not guarantee classiness or calm behaviour.

I give thanks for starting a quick sewing job that quickly went wrong so that I could abandon it for a much slower one much more suited to my physical capabilities today...lots of long straight seams and long thinks about construction.

I give thanks for a phone call that wasn't for a different number, a different name, or for me regarding a medical matter, but actually from a friend about meeting up!

I give thanks Mr Waitrose said he'd make supper again...better go give him a hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics