Friday 18 April 2014

Little gems

Hmm...let me see...

Today I've been grateful for waking up...

...and (after some time) getting up...

...and (after less time) going back to bed...

I'm grateful for a nap and another go at the day...sometimes a restart is required, as you know...

I'm grateful for bedside lamps and tables...what splendid ideas they are.

I'm grateful for making a brie and red grape salad with warm new potatoes lightly buttered and mayonnaised. It's one of my fail safe meals if I've not much of an appetite. I start out thinking I'll have just a little bit...and then go to help myself to a little bit more...and end up scoffing the lot! Oh, and I'm grateful for finding some organic sprouting broccoli the other day and having some for yesterday's supper. I adore this stuff, whatever the colour! 


I'm grateful I got the lace on the top bottom...and I'm grateful, as ever, for my creative energy. There's always far more of it than the other kind now, but just as the urge to see what was over another horizon always spurred me on when I went walking, I'm always keen to find out what the next row, the next seam, change of colour or placement of lace will reveal. And I'm very, very grateful I have so many years of experience of various needlecrafts and can perform some actions 'almost in my sleep', as they say, as it's no longer metaphorical with me. Artists' brains have been shown to be differently formed - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-26925271 - and mine is too. Some neural networks are made of crochet, and grey matter extended with gathers and godets!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics