Monday 3 October 2016

Back to front

OK, last one of the back titles for now I'm sure you'll be grateful to hear! And also that, very gradually, the back related pains have been easing off for longer periods. I've been able to make whole cups of tea in one go without stopping to sit or lie down and groan, and this morning in between several episodes of lying down and groaning I managed to wash my hair over the basin, get washed and put on day clothes and go down stairs to let the special nurse in to examine my special multicoloured tummy, which is rather reminiscent of that nearby deceased whale's at present although I hope, despite a long time since bathing, still somewhat more fragrant.

She'd given me warning she was on her way and I'd taken some recycling down and was nattering with a neighbour while I waited but by the time she arrived the pain was excruciating again and I was standing on one leg hugging the wall. 'Ops like yours can be very painful afterwards,' she said sympathetically and I explained yes, it was rather, but really not the main event agony wise. Anyway, I give thanks she was nice and talkable to, and even more importantly that she agreed with my verdict that although I currently look as though someone should be arrested for doing this to me, it's actually a neat job and healing well. I give thanks I so forcefully 'elected' this procedure, despite all the dire predictions, and that the dire predictions didn't come true of course!

I give thanks for a nice lunch of leftover pasta from yesterday's nice tea, with garlic bread and snoozing to an old Midsomer Murders in which all the good guys and gals got really excited about some of the fabrics in a tailor's. I've always thought a lot of the story lines very unrealistic but that seemed quite normal to me, so maybe the rest of them are to the right people.

I give thanks for finding a much travelled card from Liz in the hallway. OK, it should have been at the Post Office but at least I didn't have to travel there to get it. I give thanks for my neighbour being polite and complying when I asked her to turn the music down a bit. I'm so sensitive to unwanted noise (Bob will tell you I used to complain about his computer keyboard in the next room if I was trying to sleep), and the walls and floors are so thin here you can almost hear each other breathe so I try to be patient and understanding but I felt a limit had been reached and felt I should say so.

I'm grateful for the people I talk to on line...well mostly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics