Friday 21 October 2016

Seems reasonable

I give thanks I've only really done three things today. As they were washing my hair, having a bath and going out for tea and a scone with Mima that was quite enough excitement and energy expenditure! It's such a relief to feel normal enough to do some normal stuff, and such a treat to feel well enough for a treat again, though I'm still very sore and feeble, and if I hadn't felt so rough for the last few weeks I'd probably think I do now...

I give thanks for the gorgeous golden autumn day, the blue sky and sea and the pretty changing colours of the leaves. For lots of minimal cook food from Tesco yesterday so I've not had to wear myself out hopping and chopping, including a lush spinach and ricotta pizza.

I give thanks to Mima for her company, kindly chauffeuring, and standing in the very slow moving Post Office queue for me to see if there was some post! I give thanks that there was, and for some of it being nice stuff like new second hand books I ordered and a new second hand (obviously!) merino cardi I put on to try on when I opened the parcel hours ago and have only just realised I've not actually bothered to view in the mirror because it feels so soft and cuddly who cares what it looks like anyway! I also give thanks for a message and card from a lovely elderly couple I met in hospital, and felt moved to send one to when I came out. Both of them wrote in it and seem to have been as touched as I was. Sometimes it feels as if we meet people for a reason doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics