Thursday 6 October 2016

A state of dress

I give thanks for my endurance. For a while this morning I felt as if it had quite run out, and was weeping at the thought of what I felt I couldn't do before I reasoned with myself that these things really did need to be done, no one could do them for me and getting upset and crying would only make them more difficult. I give thanks I got them done.

I give thanks for my sciatica pain being a little easier this morning so at least ordinary pre hospital appointment stuff like washing my hair and getting dressed was a little easier too. I give thanks for volunteer transport, and for trying to think kind thoughts about the driver.

I give thanks for my renal consultant spending half our session muttering darkly about my still bleeding wound instead of my kidney and, seeing the state of my hobble from the pain in my tummy and the pain down my side (a little easier being a relative term!), rang around for various people to assist including a porter to wheel me across the vast building to someone who could properly dress the site as I'd not been supplied with the necessaries and my makeshift arrangements left a lot to be desired. I appreciated the holistic approach and the cunning distraction from the purpose of my visit.

I give thanks for Laura offering to pop round, bringing me a couple of things I needed and doing a couple of quick jobs I needed help with like slicing a chunk of nice bread I'd got out of the freezer. I appreciate her friendship, her humour and her grasp of the difficulties I face. I give thanks for the unexpected happiness she has found and how it radiates from her.

I give thanks for finally, after stages lasting several days, making myself some red lentil and veg curry. My tastebuds and tummy were so grateful to receive a self cooked favourite it was worth being fit only to crawl into bed after. I give thanks I'm sure eventually I'll get round to getting undressed...heavens, I might even manage to make myself a cuppa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics