Sunday 2 October 2016

Back to the suture

I really am enjoying this time of rest and reflection. If I weren't so immobilised by pain I'd be trying to do far more I'm sure, and fretting about what I can't. I give thanks for feeling remarkably well and in remarkably good spirits... And also for a little less hurting today. I don't know if it's anything to do with my Actipatch, and as you're meant to put the electromagnetic loop over the sore bit and my sore bits are many times larger and more numerous to comply, but there've been times today when the ones on my tummy have been worst. I give thanks for the first episode of the new Red Dwarf series allowing me to test out how much it hurts to laugh.

I give thanks for mistakenly ticking or leaving blank some box on some site's mailing preferences so that a catalogue of clothing and sundries designed for those even more elderly and infirm than I arrived because as I'd had to take the plastic packaging off to put it in the recycling I paused to peep inside. I give thanks because in addition to the double page spread offering you a 'smart look at home' with aprons, tunics and pinafores (one even allegedly 'trendy') and the section with the hot water heated rollers, hairnets (seriously) and hand-painted porcelain hanging radiator humidifiers (with the presumably the wrong caption as it says they're for 'gentle exercises when sitting down) there is a selection of underwear including items offering 'delicate temptation' and an 'alluring look'. Good to know there's hope for us all...

I give thanks for the golden spear of light on my bedroom wall as the sun rose, and such a cacophony of dogs, children and pigeons during the morning that the huffy ones upstairs eventually stopped slamming the windows, slammed the door and went out...for hours!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics