Wednesday 26 October 2016

Beautiful way to live

I give thanks I live in the beautiful south. The beauty of the north stirs my soul and I have to get back there as often as I can...but in the south if you haven't the strength to change your duvet cover let alone the quilt itself you can survive late October under a summer tog (and maybe a fleecy throw)!

I give thanks for changing my sheet and pillowcases anyway. They weren't ironed which offended my sensibilities greatly...but I give thanks for being sensible enough not to press myself into action over this. Instead I give thanks for making it downstairs and back twice after finally wrestling my prescription deliveries out of the chemist's...but not all in one go for some unfathomable reason.

I give thanks for getting some sleep during another painful night, the golden light at sunrise and the pretty splashy clouds in the blue sky when I finally stirred for a cup of tea. For stirring some pesto into yesterdays leftover pasta to liven it up. For coping with the various busynesses of the day despite not feeling very lively after all of the above...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics