Thursday 20 October 2016

Small mercies

I give thanks the sciatica is a little less dreadful a lot of the time, and for some of it I feel a bit more like me. When I told Laura she said I was looking better than she's seen me recently too which is encouraging...

I give thanks the unplanned windows in my tummy seem to be starting to close, and that despite the best efforts of the GP's pharmacist and the chemist's supplier to deprive me of essential accoutrements for my planned aperture, a mercy mission from a nurse along the coast has seen me stocked up again for a few days. Actually it was two mercy missions as the first one happened in the morning when I was fast asleep, having been told it would take place in the afternoon! I had imagined, quite reasonably I think, my recuperation would consist of dossing around and dozing with a remote control and a crochet hook to hand, when in fact due to all the complications, and complicated co-ordination and administration of all the agencies and individuals to untangle them, plus the almost endless pain, I've had far less rest and relaxation than I normally do. I give thanks I'm optimistic maybe a little more healing rest could be on its way.

I give thanks for a helpful and cheery Tesco driver and for pre-arranging for Laura to be here for the delivery slot to let him in and help with the unpacking...as the second mercy mission happened in the middle of that and I had to go and display my cares to the nurse instead... I give thanks she too had had sciatica so I've added to my stock of hints and tips for things to try that have worked for other sufferers, though all of them will have to wait until other parts are up to more vigorous movement.

I give thanks for having inclination and just enough spare energy to crochet one small sparkly flower for a garland for the library decorations promised weeks ago but mercifully not needed for a few weeks yet...and for a smoked haddock fishcake cooking for my tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics