Saturday 8 October 2016

Ear today

I give thanks for falling asleep last night...it's just a shame I had to do it so often because of all the waking up in between with local commotions and localised pain. I give thanks for reminding myself it didn't matter as I had no need to get up at any particular time today...or even at all apart from essential excursions to kettle and loo...

I give thanks for happily revising that plan when on receiving an offer from John and Jo of a therapeutic visit. I give thanks for completing my current morning medical routines beforehand. They are intricate and tricky, and fill me with dread and loathing from the moment I open my eyes and remember the pain and fear and fear of pain to come. This doesn't sound grateful I know but when they're done I really do give thanks it's over again for a while.

I give thanks for an incoming neighbour letting my day's saviours in before I was all the way down the stairs. For cups of tea made and washing up done, the gift of fresh allotment dug veg and of some earrings that were an unwanted freebie for someone else who passed them on to Jo who didn't find they took her fancy either but thought they might be mine. They are aren't they?

I give thanks for a trip out across the estuary for tea and an assortment of cake outside a well chosen eatery with ample nearby parking, a good view, catering and service and lousy pouring teapots! For a couple of showers that felt like falling holding off...

I give thanks for resting on the sofa while helpful things were done for me. Despite my somewhat dodgy health in recent years this is a very very rare occurrence and I have to say I absolutely love it! I give thanks for my bedding ironed by Jo while tasty leek, onion and potato pies were made by John with carrots and chard on the side. I give thanks I was too tired to finish mine but that now I've had a nap I'm going back to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics