Monday 10 October 2016

Season of misseds

I give thanks for creating and enjoying last night's tasty supper of pasta with roast feta and pine nuts, nutmeg and wilted chard. Clearly there's not that much the matter with me! For winning the bidding on a cardigan on eBay...not that anyone else put up much of a fight, or that I'd have been put out if they had, but being able to work up the enthusiasm was another good sign I'm sure.

I give thanks for no medical melodramas though the pain down my leg was too bad to spend the evening doing anything else but lie in bed...though that's probably not too bad a thing either. For dipping in and out of a book, and a snooze. I give thanks that though I didn't sleep well or late I played asleep with earplugs in and eyes tight shut as long as I possibly could. For the beautiful blue sky when I opened the curtains, and the pretty dappled clouds that filled my window a view a few moments later...clear skies like that I yearn for mountains and moors, and hate to be stuck indoors.

I give thanks for allowing a few bittersweet tears at memories of a misty Monday morning this time last year clearing to a golden day on the North Cornwall coast and in deepest Devon, a few hours of of unexpected heaven...I give thanks for being so good at finding joys so easily missed but those rare times when there's no need to even look will always be my favourites.

I give thanks for being able to leave the dreaded chore til lunchtime, and for promising myself when that had been done, I would do very little else for the rest of the day. I give thanks for a message from Rachel most pleasantly scuppering these plans, with the offer of spending a few unscheduled hours doing some helpful things including making her most delicious courgette and brie soup which I'd requested last time she came but which couldn't be done that time. I give thanks for a treatment and the treat of having all the washing up, drying up and putting away done too! I give thanks for blagging a lift to the Post Office and back though there was only a cruise catalogue waiting - not really worth the awful pain of hobbling about but fresh air and a fresh cash infusion for my wallet came in handy.

I give thanks for another day thus dealt with...another day, it has to be, towards at least something feeling better. I give thanks for people's great kindness and thoughtfulness sustaining me - literally and metaphorically!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics