Friday 7 October 2016

Pretty good things

I give thanks for dusk on a very murky day so that twinkling boat lights meant I could still make out the sea!

I give thanks for the pain down my leg being really too bad to walk again today as the pain in my tummy would prefer more stillness for a while. And the hole that's not meant to be there...

I give thanks a delivery slot scheduled to start before Jenny arrived didn't result in a delivery until after she did so that she could go down and collect it for me. And I give thanks for all the housework and helpful things she did for me.

I give thanks for a hearty appetite...always a good sign I think. And for leftovers so I could feed the need without too much trouble.

I give thanks for finally being able to do a very important thing this afternoon I've been meaning to do all week ie doss about doing nothing. I give thanks for someone busy juggling doing many things finding a few minutes to message me while I did.

I give thanks for randomly coming across a bunch of early 1980s pop videos on TV. Oh those skinny pretty boys! Funny to think they're all old and wrinkly too now...and probably fatter come to think of it.

2 comments:

  1. I've following your blog for awhile all the way from Canada. I first started when my husband was going through his illness but he's long passed and I still find myself reading about you. I so amazed at your positive attitude and your strength. It's our Thanksgiving weekend and I'm thankful for my health and grateful to you for that reminder to not take for granted. Happy Thanksgiving Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your kind comments. So nice to have my blog appreciated even though you came to it for such a sad reason.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics