Sunday 9 October 2016

Half way flat

I give thanks for night nurses for coming to my aid when late yesterday I realised things were more awry than had been recognised. I didn't know there were nurses on call 24 hrs, or that the much maligned 111 service could work so well. I give thanks I still feel so well despite all the really rather wearing and worrying stuff going on.

I give thanks for a beautiful day to do sweet nothing but catch up on some recuperative rest. For promising myself a face pack and a proper hair wash to make up a little for this extended bathing ban...and making good on it too. Tiring but worth it!

I give thanks for Laura offering to come and bring the bread she picked up for me yesterday, and scooping up Mima bringing pinwheel pastries so no struggling with stairs was necessary today...nor any provision of hospitality beyond the makings of a cuppa. It does me good to be distracted from my discomforts and have some comfort given. I almost burst into tears when Laura offered to do some washing for me...what a kind and thoughtful friend she is!

I give thanks for being half dressed as I write this and half way up...lying on top of the duvet under a snuggly throw. Fully operational seemed too demanding today but post operational staying in bed too much of a cop out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics