Tuesday 11 October 2016

Dressing down

I give thanks for watching some catch up TV on the sofa last night. Nice to do something normal...

I give thanks for waiting all day for the surgeon's team to call back as this meant I could delay all manner of things on the grounds I didn't want to be interrupted by the phone ringing while I did. And as even the sparse and adhoc activities that make up my life just now have some sort of coherence and process of cause and effect this meant the stillest day I've had since coming home from hospital...and I've been most grateful for that! I give thanks for optimism tomorrow I'll feel up to putting my toe to someone's behind because I don't even have a Brownie badge in first aid and can see that something's wrong and not having even a Brownie badge in first aid means I've no idea how to fix it!

I give thanks for lots of cloud appreciation, and that since the errant tree has gone so many more can now be so much better appreciated. I give thanks for glimpses of sea in upright moments not utterly taken up with lurching and groaning from a to b.

I give thanks for not having any visitors, delightful and helpful though they have been, whether previously known to me or otherwise. I've loved having a bit of time to myself and not feeling the desire to dis-dischevel self or surroundings to any degree. I give thanks for the people who've taken the time to make me smile without coming up to see me.

I give thanks for finding some novels I fancied reading, for 'very good' condition at 1p on Amazon - always a favourite genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics